Lilly Teng Managing Partner
Lilly Teng is an expert in the North Asia and North America markets covering broadly energy and critical industries as commercial, legal, and regulatory adviser.
As co-founder of Orchid Group, and from her business and legal assignments for multi-national clients, Lilly combines this wide and deep experience in her work at Orchid Law. Major representative clients are international and USA corporations and entrepreneurs investing in energy, technology, and infrastructure.
Known for her pragmatic approach for nearly 40 years, Lilly advises on the entire energy chain, for both fossil fuels (oil, natural gas, NGLs, power, LNG, petrochemical) and renewable energy (wind, solar, geothermal, storage, BESS). Lilly speaks English and Mandarin Chinese.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., Petroleum Land Management
Debby Sung Attorney
Debby Sung is a dual licensed attorney in Texas and Korea. She covers a wide set of matters including research and analysis, corporate governance, environmental, technology, research and due diligence.
Her engineering and law education bring a rare combination for Orchid’s clients in international energy advisory. She is meticulous by nature, which combined with experiences in USA and Korea benefit Orchid’s clients in countless ways. Her work includes advising on natural gas, NGLs, power, and petrochemicals projects in the USA. Debby is fluent in Korean and English.
- The University of Texas School of Law (Austin), L.L.M., Global Energy, International Arbitration, and Environmental Law
- Kangwon National University School of Law, J.D.
- Seoul National University, M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Ewha Women’s University, B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering
Kathryn Klokker Attorney
Kathryn Klokker is the lead coordinator for Orchid Digital Diligence assignments, working with Orchid Group and their clients on renewable energy and infrastructure M&A. With an intense curiosity and absolute reliability, she is responsible for ensuring Orchid has double and triple checked facts and documents before delivery to clients.
Kathryn’s personality leans towards complete cultural immersion and the big picture; value added for Orchid Group and Orchid Law. Her risk taking in life has led to wide network of connections and relations that are unusual among her peers. Her experience and education are primarily in USA and North Africa. Kathryn is fluent in Arabic, Spanish, and English.
- Saint Mary’s University School of Law, J.D.
- Saint Mary’s University, M.A., International Relations
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures (Arabic), B.A., Spanish Literature
- Arabic Overseas Flagship Capstone Program, Meknes, Morocco 2015-2016- Superior Arabic Proficiency